Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Stranger Boards My Ship



            It was early one morning after I had seen a mysterious figure traveling by dog sled across the frozen ice. I thought it was strange, but did not think much of it. I approached the deck of the ship when one of my men ran to me, speaking of an explorer aboard the ship. When I first saw him, I swore he was dead. “His limbs were nearly frozen, and his body dreadfully emaciated by fatigue.” (pg. 13) We led the stranger back to my cabin, where he slept for the next two days.
            He was still very weak, but I was finally able to talk to him on the third day. For the past couple day I had been trying to figure out why this man was by himself near the North Pole and I finally had the chance to ask him. He said that he was trying to find a man who fled from him on a dog sled. I told him I had seen him a few days ago and that he was much farther ahead than we were. Upon hearing this news, the stranger immediately wanted to go to the deck. I somehow managed to keep him in the cabin until he was fully recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment