Sunday, April 21, 2013

Elizabeth is Murdered


Before I was able to return home I spent many months in jail for the murder of Clerval. The monster had murdered Clerval, but the people in the town thought I was guilty. I had grown very ill in jail and I was in terrible condition when my father finally arrived to bail me out. I was so sick that my father and I had to stay in Paris so I would be able to recover. After a long journey I was finally back in Geneva and ready to marry Elizabeth.  As our marriage day got closer I started to remember what the monster had said. He told me he would be there on my wedding day ready for revenge. No one else knew about this so I decided to keep it a secret. 

On the night after our wedding Elizabeth and I decided to stay in a cottage out in the countryside. I was nervous and scared because I knew that any moment the monster could be at the door. Elizabeth knew something was not right, but I managed to convince her to go to bed and everything was alright. "She left me, and I continued some time walking up and down the passages of the house, and inspecting every corner that might afford a retreat to my adversary." (pg. 165) I suddenly heard a shriek from the bedroom and sprinted up the stairs. There on the bed Elizabeth laid, cold and lifeless. I looked out the window and there stood the monster, yellows eyes glowing in the dark, with horrible grin on his face. I grabbed a pistol and shot at him, but he easily eluded it. A crowd of people were soon at the cottage ready to pursue the monster. We spent hours searching the woods for him, but it was no use. He was long gone and we could not find him.

No comments:

Post a Comment