Sunday, April 21, 2013

Destroying the Monster


After many days of traveling and hours spent performing experiments I was nearing completion. When I initially created my first monster I never thought about what would happen after he was created. I did not know that he was going to become lonely and violent. I had never thought about that, but now I did. Once the creator came to life I would have no control over her. I had no idea how they would act or if the monsters would even get along. "They might even hate each other." (pg. 138) What would happen if that happened? Would the monster want me to create another one until I created one that liked him? Or what if they did get along and had monster offspring? "Had I the right, for my own benefit, to inflict this curse upon everlasting generations?" (pg. 138)

After serious consideration I decided it was in my best interest to destroy the monster. I knew that it would have some serious consequences, but it would be better for humanity. I stood looking out the window waiting for the monster arrive when I heard "You have destroyed the work which you began; what is you intend? Do you dare to break your promise?" (pg. 139) Before I could grab him the monster was gone and I was not able to catch him. I tried to run after him, but he was already in a boat cruising across the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment