Sunday, April 21, 2013

My Visit to the Mountains


I started to become depressed again so I decided to take a trip into by myself into the mountains. Nature seemed to relieve my stress the first time so I decided to do it again. I made my way up the side of the mountain until I reached the top. I sat overlooking the sea of ice until a glacier came into my view. I descended onto the glacier and proceeded to cross the sea of ice. Two hours later I was finally on the other side standing on Montanvert. I was finally at peace staring at the beauty of nature. I was back to where I was with my family and it felt amazing. As I stared out onto the sea of ice "I suddenly beheld the figure of a man, at some distance, advancing towards me with superhuman speed." I was overcome with fear and rage as the figure approached me. I knew it was my monster and I knew that I had to fight him to the death.

I screamed at the monster telling him to go away or that I would kill him. I expected him to fight, but much to my surprise he spoke back to me. "I expected this reception. All men hate the wretched; how then must I be hated, who am miserable beyond all living things!" (pg. 77). I tried to attack him, but he was too quick. He dodged everyone of my blows, but refused to fight back. Instead he yelled "Be calm! I entreat you to hear me, before you give vent to your hatred on my devoted head." I listened to him explain his reasoning for finding me and how he wanted to tell me his life story. I agreed to listen and we proceeded to cave where he had been living.

I will share the story of the monster from the monster's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment